Skip to main content

Making money as programmer on patreon

making money as programmer on patreon

Skip navigation. Select a membership level. Gain access to Patreon pledge-only posts on IndieProgrammer. Receive a personalized message to thank you for your support! Source Code: Get the perks from the previous reward AND Each time a new YouTube tutorial airs you will receive a copy of the entire source code for the project including every class, package and texture allowing you to compare your code if you get stuck or immediately catch up if you’re a few episodes behind! About Indie Programmer. Hey everyone, Bryan here! So it’s been a while since I uploaded the very first episode of my programming series on YouTube back in mid

Reader Interactions

There are at least three benefits for you doing this:. My average and 6-month moving average ad revenue. By far most of the donations were in the few months after I first asked for donations. I started my blog with pretty low expectations: I learned a lot of cool things and I wanted to share them, while understanding them better by writing code and filling in proof details. It is interesting to know how much money can you get with your blog. I find the comments to your posts add value. Perhaps you should add some exercises or some way for people to engage actively on the content. I also find that machine learning and economics for marketing are hot topics. Deep math not so much, since people pursuing a Ph. Another interesting thing would be to discuss trends in society and data, how the new tools are going to change the landscape.

Making Money With Patreon

Like Like. You are commenting using your WordPress. You are commenting using your Google account. You are commenting using your Twitter account. You are commenting using your Facebook account. Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email. You feel good. The highest tier of rewards involves physical merchandise. Here are some other minor funding changes. One-time donations are now preferred through Square , due to the lower 1.

making money as programmer on patreon

Indie Programmer

Discussion in ‘ General Discussion ‘ started by yoonitee , May 21, Search Unity. Log in Create a Unity ID. Unity Forum. Forums Quick Links. Patreon for game developers? Joined: Jun 27, Posts: 2, Has anyone tried this for their games? It seems like an interesting system.

Make a newsletter announcement about it, then keep the information in your signature. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Then there are the reward levels! As long as you continue to grow and nurture your audience-base, Patreon could be a viable option for you. I seriously doubt you could be successful on this platform unless you could really sell yourself, as a creator, to an audience. Like What You Read?

19 Patreon Rewards for Podcasters to Offer Their Fans

I started my first online business in promoting computer software and now I help newbies start their own businesses. Here are just a few examples…. Vimeo: A Detailed Comparison January 16, How useful was this post? The next thing to consider is that Patreon is not for. Some are good, some not, but ALL of them are still just trading hours for dollars.

Funding so far

This is a website that I have had my eye on for a long time. I actually have friends who have made money with this site, so I can definitely say that I have seen it put to good use on more than one occasion. I also know that many professional creators rely on it to help them achieve goals that would otherwise not be possible. But can you really make money with Patreon? On the landing page of its website, www.

To put it more specifically, Patreon allows you to sell memberships to your fans. As you can see, Patreon makes this process pretty easy and hassle-free. Fans pay you for a subscription, which gives them access to exclusive content. You can have multiple different subscription options, and giving your fans access to this can provide you with predictable income—which is awesome for creators who are doing their own thing and living the artist or creator lifestyle.

You could easily make use of Patreon if you were a writer, a musicianan artist, a public speaker. Pretty much anyone who would attract fans could make use of Patreon to earn a more consistent income from their consumer base.

Actually, you can… and a lot of people do! Plus, an average patron on Patreon pays more on a monthly basis than most consumers pay for Netflix! It is actually a proven, and awesome, platform… though it does, of course, have its limitations. The biggest thing to consider with Patreon is the size of your fan base. A lot of people think about the money before ever putting in the work to grow their audience—but the truth of the matter is that the audience must come. As for exactly how much you can earn, it all depends on the size of your audience and the number of Patrons you.

There is actually a pretty cool calculator located on the landing page that helps to show you what you can expect to earn. Here is a screen shot of some basic numbers I put into it. Now, this is just an estimate. Obviously, the actual numbers could vary quite a bit.

This, at least, creates a starting point for what you could expect to make if you were going to consider using Patreon. There are some people who see this as being too expensive, especially when you get around to dealing with larger amounts of cash. But… the thing to keep in mind is that Patreon absolutely handles.

They provide tech support for users, they maintain the platform, they take care of everything related to cash-flow—they just make it incredibly easy. This was a question that I was even more curious about, as I personally have had only a very limited experience using the platform.

So I dug into the site a little bit to find out exactly what types of content you can share with your users, and how exactly it gets shared. I found that there is a lot more to offer here than I originally suspected. For one, this platform works closely with Discord to give users a social-media-type experience, but they also make it easy to provide content to subscribers through a number of different tools and mediums.

Here are just a few examples…. There are actually a lot more tools to use as well… some free, and some for an extra cost. But the great thing about a lot of these features is that…. All things considered, there is almost too much here to cover in one review. Patreon offers a multitude of different tool options that you can use to interact and share with your audience.

In my opinion, the platform is actually really powerful—especially for the cost. I actually really love this platform. It is not without its downsides, but there are so many upsides that most people would probably benefit far more from it than they realize. The major downside is the cost.

But if your numbers get high enough, that could cut into your earnings by a considerable. As an alternative, you could develop your own subscription service or accomplish something similar by using a different system… but you also get a lot of tools with Patreon, plus your users get tech support and a whole bunch of goodies to make their experience better as. But I am also getting a lot. Is it really worth it to go somewhere cheaper and give up all of these features and all of this support?

I truly feel like this is a compelling question—and from where I am standing right now, Patreon will likely win out as the best choice for many creators who wish to monetize without being forced to sell products to sustain themselves. The next thing to consider is that Patreon is not for.

But… with that being said, a lot of creators struggle with making their art work on the business-end of things. This is because cash-flow can be a real problem for people who are trying to do something original and authentic.

For this type of creator, Patreon is a god-send. But… it is not a cash-grab platform. I seriously doubt you could be successful on this platform unless you could really sell yourself, as a creator, to an audience. All things considered, the platform and website is awesome. It may not make you rich, but it actually has the potential to help you monetize and make quite a lot of money.

As long as you continue to grow and nurture your audience-base, Patreon could be a viable option for you. But the magic is in the numbers with Patreon. If you only have 25 subscribers, the likelihood of this service earning you any cash is slim. There are a lot of ways to make money online. Some are good, some not, but ALL of them are still just trading hours for dollars. Starting your own affiliate website really is the holy grail of «making money while you sleep» and earning income from anywhere in the world.

Running a successful affiliate site isn’t easy, but it’s a little easier with the help and step by step lessons from this program. What’s up ladies and dudes! Great to finally meet you, and I hope you enjoyed this post. I started my first online business in promoting computer software and now I help newbies start their own businesses.

Sign up for my 1 recommended training course and learn how to start your business for FREE! Your email address will not be published. Share Tweet. Nathaniell What’s up ladies and dudes! Leave a Reply Cancel reply Your email address will not be published. Leave this field .

Last January, I was broke. I lived in a car, and that month I had to choose between paying my cell phone bill or buying food. Two years before that I was a freelance photographer in Chicago, but walked away from that life to travel around the country.

16 Patreon Rewards for Streamers to Offer Their Viewers

My travels had given me a collection of stories and photos I was proud of, and more than 9, people were following me on Instagram. Patreon is basically a payments processor designed like a social network. Then you set goals, which are actions tied to monetary benchmarks, such as being able to quit your job in order to pursue your creative passion full time. I wrote my bio and added a short story about a sunset, a mountain, and the bandits who hid out there a century ago. I set up tiers so my Patreon subscribers could get stories published to Patreon or stories accompanied by a photo every week in an automated text, depending on how much they donated. After an hour, my page was set up. I added a picture of me with my dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make money with a streaming website

Nowadays the most sagacious people are thinking about how to create a video streaming website. Today both users and organizations are being increasingly interested in the possibility of conducting webinars, video conferences, master-classes and live interviews. Users want to have fun through live video streaming, and companies are looking for new efficient ways to reach their customers. A good example is the Twitch resource that, according to Similarwebrecords about million visits a month all around the world. In Decemberthis index has reached a number of And these impressive figures characterize not only the demand stteaming such a successful streaming site but also the high earnings of its owners! Isn’t it impressive? Certainly, it’s worth considering how to make a live streaming website, right? Streaming videos demand is very high right now because it’s a convenient and modern way to communicate, and users are really enjoying it. And if there is a demand, you need to provide a suppl

Arma 3 overthrow legal money making

There is no single way to Overthrow, which is what makes it exciting and unique. Head on combat, guerrilla tactics, or economic domination are all possible. Our overall focus is to ensure that all player actions matter, and that things behave generally as you would expect them to in the real world. It was inspired by the great times we had playing the original «Antistasi» dynamic campaign. We would love you to help us test our mod, and help legaal future development. Looks good but is crashing to desk as soon as I hit Scenario button with an Error in Overthrow Mission. Ovwrthrow and sorry to hear that — we will look into your error rightaway seems new. EDIT: I can’t reproduce this, if you can provide any more info that would help. For now, you could try starting a local MP server. Working in MP -looks oferthrow and love these kinda missions. Ill come back with thoughts after proper play. Hey all!

How much money did rockstar make from rdr1

Image courtesy of Rockstar Games. Makr once how much money did rockstar make from rdr1 a awhile in Red Dead Redemption 2I pick up a new gun. For fun, I guess? Sometimes, if I remember, I will clean it. The game tells me it performs better if I do this, and there are lots of impressive-looking bars that fill up if my boy Arthur scrubs away, but I genuinely do not know if it makes a difference because you rarely die in this game, the shooting is not compelling, and the guns all seem the. My guns do not rust and stop rocjstar. They will not ma,e. It just might take three bullets instead of two. A game of seemingly complicated systems with no bearing on anything, whose value and worth seem mostly for the the sake of existing, rather than with purpose. My first hours with Red Dead Redemption 2 were a little bit of .